General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By TheWaldorfer
#47057 I re-flashed it (4 MB, was 1MB). Now the same (except the AP is "ESP" as expected). The bootup log from ESP Basic:

Code: Select allTerminal log file
Date: 07.05.2016 - 17:19:50
-----------------------------------------------
Server listening Port: 80
ESP Basic 2.0.Alpha 23
Creating WIFI access point
ESP
APname
APpass
Creating WIFI access point
ESP
APname
APpass
file open failed

-----------------------------------------------
Date: 07.05.2016 - 17:20:29
End log file

To me it's a bug. If APName = Empty and APPass = Empty, it may not create an AP...
By R00TUK2017
#65940 Im having same issue, it is in duel mode ST and AP i need only ST mode or at least a way to put in a password for the AP, i have been searching all library files to find the string thinker and cant find it, i need this to be secure it is running a door lock and if one guesses how it works they will get in, please help me resove this issue, it is a bug and a dam big one at that if you ask me!
By R00TUK2017
R00TUK2017 wrote:Im having same issue, it is in duel mode ST and AP i need only ST mode or at least a way to put in a password for the AP, i have been searching all library files to find the string thinker and cant find it, i need this to be secure it is running a door lock and if one guesses how it works they will get in, please help me resove this issue, it is a bug and a dam big one at that if you ask me!

UPDATE:
I have solved this issue...

Code:
WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP);
WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);
WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP_STA);
WiFi.mode(WIFI_OFF);

Some code devs are making projects and sharing them on YT which is great, but they are sometimes forgetting 1 line of code that can leave your projects insecure!

above is a list of commands, choose one that best suits your needs, for myself I needed the STA mode line instead of the AP_STA mode which maybe the default if no mode is specified!

If you select both AP & STA mode then you will have connection to your local router network and it will also have its own access point with no password (in some cases) thus giving access to your device easily!

I just required STA Mode so that was a good fix, i put the line with_STA inside the sketch file before where it connects to your AP.

Are you're projects affected?

The project in question had a AP of its own called AI-THINKER
So look for that AP near your projects!

Thanks.