General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#47131 Hi mmiscool, it's taken me a long time to get your 'fancy user interface' example working, but it was worth it. The ir commands are still giving me errors on A23 (call unknown built-in function!), but I was mainly interested in the ability to run 'pure' html files directly from the ESP flash... and I'm so glad I persisted.

I don't fully understand the details, but I'm trying to read between the lines... and if I'm getting the gist of things, does it mean that ESP_Basic is capable of running full redirected pure html webpages from flash memory which could offer additional functionality such as radio buttons and scrolling text windows etc?

If so, that's a helluva wow!

I would very much appreciate any bits and pieces of examples that might help give an idea of how to send info between them both... if an image map can send ir button presses then presumably almost anything is possible, including sending info from ESP_Basic to the web pages?

And does it mean that the ESP could basically be a web server hosting redirected html web pages and more or less just use ESP_Basic as the web servers hardware interface - rather than being a hardware interface which is also capable of some limited html functionality?

Either I am getting the wrong end of the stick, or this could offer some amazing new capabilities.