Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By KDB
martinayotte wrote:Don't try to move this ESP8266WiFi library under another kind of unknown framework.
Simply use the whole framework directly, the first link describe how to install it.

This is the description to run the sketches inside the esp8266. I want to run it on the Arduino !? How to do this ? Thanks
By martinayotte
#67396 Oh ! Do you mean that since the beginning you're talking about an Arduino talking to plain ESP with AT firmware ?
Sorry, I can't help you here : I hate AT firmware and never used it since Fall 2015.
You can still use ArduinoESP on the ESP and establish your own AT protocol for the Arduino.
Maybe describe your entire project ...
By KDB
martinayotte wrote:Oh ! Do you mean that since the beginning you're talking about an Arduino talking to plain ESP with AT firmware ?
Sorry, I can't help you here : I hate AT firmware and never used it since Fall 2015.
You can still use ArduinoESP on the ESP and establish your own AT protocol for the Arduino.
Maybe describe your entire project ...

I use the Sparkfun WiFi Shield to communicate with the internet. Nearly everything works fine, but using the examples to get the time from timeserver doesn't work and Sparkfun said I should use the ESP Wifi library. Therefore I m looking for the library to run my sketch on the Arduino. On it I will use 10 sensors to control the climate in my house. So I need the actual time on the Arduino to generate data pairs time-temperature.
Klaus-Dieter
By martinayotte
#67410 Sparkfun probably said that because they also hate AT firmware ... ;)
If I were you, I will do what I said above : do everything under ESP hood, and establish a tiny protocol between ESP and Arduino to talk to each other, such as Arduino sending "gettime" command to ESP, ESP does the job and then provide reponses.