Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By saper_2
#11052 AS far I know ESP8266 don't have CE cert, you need CE for your own product that uses esp8266 (ofc after passing all test), eps8266 is a part like atmega8 or pic16f84 or stm32f103, for ESP module this is same, because you release in market your product as one piece and you need CE for your product not a parts in it. I think there was somewhere on this forum similar question asked and there was good answer given. I'm not very familiar with CE anyway :)

---
I found info about CE & FCC on Espressif Forum: http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59
By stanza
#11510 The news on Espressif forum is also little misleading.
Chip does not need CE certificate.
Espressif Guys have used their ESP-WROOM serial module (based on ESP8266) to gain the FCC & CE certificates.

They just want to prove that products using ESP8266 could gain such certificates but do not mean who buy the chips and manufacture products do not need to gain FCC & CE again.
By piebat
#44254 To make some of RF test for CE certification, need to put the device in a continuous wave mode, it is just for test. The device has to transmit continuously the RF wave (CW), for each channel of Wi-Fi. Normally the producer give an API or a firmware for it. Do you know if here is on Internet already something for ESP8266?