Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By Michaelo
#15964 I am assuming this discussion is for the little Chinese test board, the one that supports plugin modules?

After translating many many posts I'm still lost but... there is some mention of a phone apps that works with the board...

I'm just guessing but perhaps the supplies ESP sets up a WiFi network (there's mention of a user name and password) to allow communicates between a phone and the test board... It appears that you can control the leds, sounder and read the LDR via the phone...

The 16 switches have to be set in the right order for the communication to work and changed for normal ESP/USB communication...

It's entirely possible you communicate with the test boards processor via the supplied ESP with just a few pins but as I reprogrammed the ESP that comes with the board I can't do any more testing... If I could find the link to the software that supports the test board, I would do more but for now I'm stuck...

Mind you, as we can now program the ESP via the Arduino IDE, the little test board makes an almost perfect development board as it has the necessary bits and pieces... (USB, LEDS for the IO's and switches to reset and program... I believe you cn even get other plugin boards to support different ES modules but I have not found a supplier...

Switches:

As I mentioned above, different settings appear to support different uses... here are the standard setting for testing and programming the ESP:
Top 8 switches: 011010 Bottom 8 switches: 001010 (1 = on, 0 = off and fro left to right ;))...

Here's how I program with the little test board:
  • Power of the board (little switch beside the antenna socket)...
  • Set the switches as indicated above...
  • Attach an ESP 01 module...
  • Plug in USB...
  • Press and hold GPIO0 momentary switch (bottom right)...
  • Power on the board (while still holding down GPIO0 switch)...
  • Upload the program...

Mike