Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

Which module form factor do you prefer?

34%
5%
49%
4%
8%
By rev
#104 I would go the esp-01 version for testing. would be interesting to test the range of the pcb antenna.
Having said that it appears there is not that much info on theses beasts at the moment ;)
By jonsmirl
admin wrote:Some how your post went in twice. I delete one of them....

I am with you I like FCC, however, Asian modules for RF devices are 99% of the time NEVER FCC'd, if this module ever is, it will not be $5 anymore. And if they say FCC they are not, I have checked many times and only once in at least 10-20 checks they were.

But I hear ya!

Richard.

RT5350 based, these modules have CE and FCC. They also run Linux via OpenWRT. Around $7.00 Q1000.
http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/28/ ... ose-gpios/
You have to use one of the optional antennas that were part of the FCC testing, if not you have to redo FCC/CE. Cheapest antenna is about $0.50, PCB one with a coax cable.
By tinhead
jonsmirl wrote:
admin wrote:Some how your post went in twice. I delete one of them....
RT5350 based, they also run Linux via OpenWRT. Around $7.00 Q1000.

having 1000 sensors at home that 1000 times Linux to be maintained and 1000 OpenWRT to be configured.
No thanks. ESP8266 costs ~2$/1k (or 2.50 with all parts), easy to configure and less power consumption.
No OpenWRT fight, no Linux crap patching, nothing like that.

Sure, ESP8266 is not really fast (I/O), but perfect for things like sensors.
By RichardS
#109 Already using that module 5350! Hence my interest in 8266 :-)

Thanks!