Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By thelionroars
#17459 The only English document I've seen from EspressIf doesn't have some important numbers on it such as clock speed, memory size, flash size. Are there any hard numbers for these, I have seen a few different numbers and would like to know definitively.
By GeorgeIoak
#18414 In the "0A_ESP8266_Datasheet_EN_v4.3" I find the following information. I also find it difficult to locate some information. There appears to be a lot of documents but they are filled with a lot of the same words and descriptions and not details like you would expect to find if you compare to other processor specifications.

ESP8266EX is embedded with Tensilica L106 32-bit micro controller (MCU), which features extra low
power consumption and 16-bit RSIC. The CPU clock speed is 80MHz. It can also reach a maximum
value of 160MHz.

The high frequency clock on ESP8266EX is used to drive both transmit and receive mixers. This clock is generated from the internal crystal oscillator and an external crystal. The crystal frequency can range from 26MHz to 52MHz.

According to our current version of SDK provided, SRAM space that is available to users is assigned
as below:
  • • RAM size < 36kB, that is to say, when ESP8266EX is working under the station mode and is
    connected to the router, programmable space accessible to user in heap and data section is
    around 36kB.)
  • • There is no programmable ROM in the SoC, therefore, user program must be stored in an
    external SPI flash.
Last edited by GeorgeIoak on Mon May 25, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eriksl
#18417 I completely agree that the documentation is very disappointing, especially if you compare it to well-known microcontroller vendors like Atmel.

On the other hand, the quotations you mention are quite clear. What is exactly not clear or contradictory about them?