Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By kolban
#38921 Howdy RvA.
Thanks for the kind words (and the purchase) ... a portion of tonights pizza in your honor my friend.

Updated the httpbin.org ... thanks for that

Flash memory is external to the physical ESP8266 ... RAM is internal. Different board makers add different sized Flash.

Starting page 28 are different module breakdowns but what I think I need to do is put together a summary table showing their different characteristics.

I have an ESP32 now and plan to update in depth on that. I have been quiet for a few weeks now as most of my time has been spent putting the polish to a Raspberry Pi book ... however, as a result of that, I now have a ton of stuff to explain on more peripheral integration with the ESP8266. I have chosen to do one at a time otherwise I get to neither. The Pi stuff will end Feb 1st and then back into ESP land.

Looking forward to ongoing new content in the years ahead.
By kolban
#38924 Howdy Greg,

Unfortunately not ... I promised myself that I wouldn't let it "out" before February ... the plan will be to release it on Feb 1st ... again on Lean Pub ... and again with a minimum price of $0.00. If folks like what they find and wish to contribute to me keeping it up, then great ... if I missed the mark and the quality is poor or missed any useful audience expectations ... then readers won't be upset because they evaluated it without commitment. I fully expect it will take a few releases before all the quality bugs are ironed out ... but with this mind set, I don't have to get it right first time (I hope).

Page count is currently 385 ... and I'm in "editing mode" now ... reading and polishing as much as I can.

Neil