Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By JakeOttinger
#45898 This is a gold mine! Thank you! I will be donating as soon as I get paid. My issue was I had flashed lua firmware before I knew what I was doing. One thing that stumped me was you don't need the resistors on the rx line if you're using a 3.3v UART (as far as I know). I was wondering why I wasn't receiving commands until I pulled those resistors.

kolban wrote:Howdy folks,

I am pleased to announce the availability of a free book on the ESP8266. The book contains a wealth of information that will allow you to easily use the device for a wide variety of purposes. The goal is to continue to update the work in the months and years ahead to continually keep it current with all the latest findings, techniques, tips and tricks.

The book may be downloaded from the following page:

https://leanpub.com/ESP8266_ESP32

Although the book can be downloaded for free, if you find it of value to you, please consider purchasing a copy. By purchasing, you show your support not only for the work performed so far but for the future work planned to keep it fresh, current and relevant.

Comments, feedback, corrections and suggestions for additional coverage areas are welcomed. Please use this thread for correspondence.

Enjoy!!
By Llaves
#46043 Thanks for all the effort that went into this book.
A small suggestion for the next edition (if there is one): The schematics are bitmaps and are very hard to read. If possible, please use a vector format for these. I'm guessing these are exported from Fritzing, which will produce .svg files. I don't know what you're using to produce the epub format, but hopefully it will accept the .svg files in place of the bitmaps.
By Leo Petipas
#46873 I am an newb trying to remote control the power supply for my beer wine freezer/fridge. I know I can by an in-line product that the freezer power cord plugs into and manually dial in the desired temp. (a thermal sensor is involved). It costs about $200.
If it involves my Raspberry Pi that is okay too. I have a couple of 8266's and 4 temp. sensors. Would your book help me get to a point where I could easily do this? I would rather buy the book than get the free download.
By AdaBill
#47414 I downloaded the book for free not knowing what to expect. After reviewing the book, I went back and I'm more than happy to pay the cost. I am a semi novice and I program the ESP8266 with the Arduino IDE but you cover a lot of the ESP's functionality and it use. Thanks.