Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By Yaakov K
#26968 Many, many thanks! Indeed my module has the GPIO4 and 5 inverted - but isn't only silk screen?
Yet, I cannot linkage the ESP-12 neither ESP-12E to my module?
It has IPX antenna connector and EN instead CH_PD.

Are there any place to find definitions of each pin?
I both it on e-bay but the supplier has nothing technical to provide...

Thanks again,
Yaakov
By martinayotte
#26969 Yes, only on silkscreen, GPIO5 is above the GPIO4, just under RxD, newer modules have silkscreen coreected.
Yes, EN and CH_PD means the same time, it must be pulled up to VCC.

IPX connector ? do you have PCB antenna too or Ceramic ?
Because I'm not aware of any ESP-12 or ESP-12E with IPX. Are you sure it is not ESP-07 with Ceramic ?
Anyway, they have all the same pinout ...

Linkage problems ? do you mean linker's error ? what kind ? which framework are you using ?

Some Pin definitions can be found on Wiki : wiki/doku.php?id=esp8266_gpio_pin_allocations
Other pins are explained in the PDF Specsheet above.
For Normal Execution boot mode, RES pulled-up, GPIO15 should be pulled-down, GPIO2/GPIO2 pulled-up, CH_PD pulled-up.
For Upload mode, save as above except GPIO0 pull-down while RES grounded momentarily.
By Yaakov K
#26970 Thanks again for your kind help!
There is Ceramic antenna too on PCB.
Sorry, I mean there is no marking of ESP-12 nor ESP-12E or any ESP-x on my module...
Hopefully it is not faked module...
I will explore the WIKI link you provided.

Thanks again,
Yaakov
By martinayotte
Yaakov K wrote:There is Ceramic antenna too on PCB.
Hopefully it is not faked module...

So, it is an ESP-07-16, "-16" means 16 pins, because earlier ones were 14 pins. Pins are the same as ESP-12.
I've never saw any fake modules, although chinese manufacturers are cloning themselves, all my modules were working.