Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By piontec
#4998 Hello everyone!
I got my hands on a pair of ESP8266 03 boards. I managed to connect them, flash two different firmwares (newest AT and http server) and now I want too write a simple REST oriented client on my own. The problem is, that I can find a lot of code examples, but I can't find any documentation for the API itself. It looks similar to POSIX C, but not exactly the same.

Where should I start learning the espressif's API? I read that it's a version of RTOS - is RTOS a good place to start? And what about espressif's extensions and libs?
Especially, I want to focus on some topics important to sensor networks, like:
1) establishing wi-fi and than TCP connection
2) power management and saving - sleep and waking up on timer / interrupt
3) power source monitoring - measure the input voltage level (I read that the chip has internal D/A converter, but how to use it)?

I'll very happy if someone can point me in the right direction :)

piontec
By scargill
#6239 To get your hands on the API documentation I believe ESPRESSIF will want you to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) - I cannot find an up to date version of the documentation anywhere. I'm guessing others just look to the examples (AT etc) as to how functions work - not ideal.

piontec wrote:Hello everyone!
I got my hands on a pair of ESP8266 03 boards. I managed to connect them, flash two different firmwares (newest AT and http server) and now I want too write a simple REST oriented client on my own. The problem is, that I can find a lot of code examples, but I can't find any documentation for the API itself. It looks similar to POSIX C, but not exactly the same.

Where should I start learning the espressif's API? I read that it's a version of RTOS - is RTOS a good place to start? And what about espressif's extensions and libs?
Especially, I want to focus on some topics important to sensor networks, like:
1) establishing wi-fi and than TCP connection
2) power management and saving - sleep and waking up on timer / interrupt
3) power source monitoring - measure the input voltage level (I read that the chip has internal D/A converter, but how to use it)?

I'll very happy if someone can point me in the right direction :)

piontec
By sej7278
#6244 its a sure-fire way to kill off your product - release a broken sdk to the community with no documentation. hell you can't even register for their forum without filling in all sorts of paperwork, and nda just to look at the api is ludicrous.