Chat freely about anything...

By OliverNZ
#22643 Ok. Thanks. I'll give it another shot. I might do the 220uF thing directly to the ESP. I'll also just try and drive it off 3 AA like the other boards. I'll let you know.
By OliverNZ
#23673 Nothing, absolutely nothing is working. The ESP's seem to upload but once I boot them with GPIO0 floating they just print gibberish and that's it. I can't see the content at any baud rate. so either my USB-Serial adapter isn't doing what it should or I haven't got a clue what's happening.

Tried 3 different ESP-12s, batteries or other supplies, different connections to CH_PD,GPIO..., with and without adapters, from a Mac, from a Linux box,... I've now spent 2 weeks on this and nothing. I am getting so frustrated!!!!

Especially since I can take one of these and all is uploading fine!

So what's different? What haven't I looked at?
By martinayotte
#23676 Don't desperate !
About the print gibberish, yes, it is at 76800, but personally, with my USBSerial based on PL2303, I've never been able to get into this baud rate, but it didn't prevent me to do development. (I wish that Expressif avoid this baud rate forever, but I think they wish that we read it as chinese at boot up ;) )
What did you upload as firmware ? Did you try some LED blinker sketch using ArduinoIDE ?
Maybe your board works just fine, but the thing you are putting in is just not good ... ;)
By OliverNZ
#23677 Tried all sorts of scripts. Also tried uploading Lua (esptool.py). All not working. I have a hunch I'm getting Fatal exception(0). Thing is I can't tell if the upload didn't work (and just the screen showed it was OK) or the reboot and execution of code went wrong.

And I don't own a Windows machine I could try uploading on.