Chat freely about anything...

By Gobiwan
eriksl wrote:I've drawn a new release (including pre-compiled firmware, as usual). Now using SDK 1.3.0.

https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... ses/tag/11

Changes:

- tcp port the uart bridge listens at is now configurable (see btp command)
- add wlan / access point scanning (see wlan-scan and wlan-list commands)
- optimisation (speed and memory usage, both ram and flash)
- some small bug fixes

Thank you very much for your awesome work! Will test it this week! You will surely get a reply!
By Gobiwan
Gobiwan wrote:
eriksl wrote:I've drawn a new release (including pre-compiled firmware, as usual). Now using SDK 1.3.0.

https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... ses/tag/11

Changes:

- tcp port the uart bridge listens at is now configurable (see btp command)
- add wlan / access point scanning (see wlan-scan and wlan-list commands)
- optimisation (speed and memory usage, both ram and flash)
- some small bug fixes

Thank you very much for your awesome work! Will test it this week! You will surely get a reply!

It does not connect to my WiFi Access point, I tried two different AP´s already. UART Tells me:

You now can enter wlan ssid and passwd within 10 seconds.
Use exactly one space between them and a linefeed at the end.
Configure wlan, set ssid="Studienarbeit", passwd="123456789
"
f 0, scandone
state: 0 -> 2 (b0)
state: 2 -> 3 (0)
state: 3 -> 5 (10)
add 0
aid 3
pm open phy_2,type:0 0 0
cnt
state: 5 -> 2 (1c0)
rm 0
pm close 7 0 0/3995740
reconnect
state: 2 -> 0 (0)
f 0, scandone
state: 0 -> 2 (b0)
state: 2 -> 3 (0)
state: 3 -> 5 (10)
add 0
aid 3

this repeats endless...
By eriksl
#29025 Only the last part or including the bootstrap message?

If it's all of it, the esp is resetting, that's propably a hardware issue (connection, power supply, etc). If it's only the last part repeating, that simply says that it can't connect and that's something you already figured ;)

When on firmware update the config has a changed, it's not used and needs to be set again. There are three posibilities.

- new firmware, no change in the config, config remains active
- new firmware, "minor" change in the config, gpio's need to configured (if used)
- new firmware, "major" change in the config, all of the config is reset to it's defaults

I think you're jumping from a firmware version that implies a "major" config change and the config is reset.

This is what you do: follow the instructions from the messages on the UART. So within 10 seconds after bootup, type the name of the SSID, as space, the password and then LINEFEED (= 0x0a, \n, no carriage return!). This sets the WLAN parameters. After that, you should be able to login and set the other config parameters.

Unfortunately I can't use the WLAN parameters set by other firmwares in the SDK NVR area. It simply stopped worked on transition from SDK 1.1.0 to 1.2.0, I don't know why.
By eriksl
#29026 Sorry I didn't read too well. You did follow the instructions, but incorrectly.

Configure wlan, set ssid="Studienarbeit", passwd="123456789
"

This is wrong. Where did you find this syntax?

It should be like this:

Studienarbeit 123456789^J

(where ^J is typed as control+J).