Chat freely about anything...

By sfranzyshen
#57346 This is sort of off topic ... but it helps to know what happened ... when a exception happens .. to know why it happened ... or what all that garbage on the screen means ... I use this little tools https://github.com/me-no-dev/EspExceptionDecoder ... and it has been a life saver trying to debug this code ... everyone doing this sort of work should install it ... it will help this go faster ... especially if we are all running different test applications ...

And Thanks!! for all the encouragement :D
By rudy
#57351 I have been to lazy before to add that tool. I didn't think it was worth it as I never get exceptions in the code I write. :lol: (liar) Well it's kind of true as I don't usually get into anything to challenging.
By sfranzyshen
rudy wrote:I have used some of that enableable debug information but it was too much to go through. What I'm now doing when a message comes in is show the node count, how many stations connected. I would like to add the station numbers connected to an AP or for a station to show who it is connected to.

can you ... at least ... make sure to turn on ERROR in your list ... i'm trying to track down memory issues ...
By rudy
#57354 I do have it on. But if it happened I would likely miss it if it didn't stop operation. Scrolled off the window.

What information would you get? Maybe I can send it to the LCD in a place that doesn't get overwritten.

EDIT

I just got an exception and I tried the Decoder but I got this error.

ERROR: neither ssidStartHereServerTest.ino.elf or ssidStartHereServerTest.cpp.elf were found!
Did you forget to compile the sketch?

And the answer is no, I didn't forget to compile it. I did a seach for both and they are there.

There is an issue open about that error.
Last edited by rudy on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.