Chat freely about anything...

By chandan2002x
BitBanger wrote:Wow, that was fast. Thanks! It will prabably take me a while to get them incorporated in my application. I'm initially just trying to understand how the MESH works before I begin the task of modifying my system.

I've got the new software loaded and verified the AT+PINGROOT command works. Thanks for adding the AT+DEBUGPRINT command. That will make it nice to suppress the messages and only turn them on when needed for troubleshooting.

My three node MESH is up and running. You had cautioned before to use the AT+PINGROOT command to communicate from a child node to the ROOT. Should I be using the AT+CIPSEND command to communicate from the ROOT to its child or from a Parent to its child?

Thanks for sharing this incredible work. I look forward to continue helping to ring it out.

BB

BB,
I would like to request you to look at the project at
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3140&p=17847#p17847
It is very much in Beta, but It may replace the LIFX. You will get a glimpse.
By BitBanger
#18128 I looked at the project. I may be interested in implementing some home automation in the future and I like the direction you're headed. Unfortunatly for what I'm doing right now I only have ESP-01 modules. My app doesn't require I/O. I only need a wireless device that will let my microprocessors communicate amongst themselves.

You mention the user app from the Microsoft App Store. Does your app only run from a Microsoft Phone or will it support Android? I'm in the Android camp right now.

Looks Like I need to order some ESP-12 modules!

BB
By boris_blackmilk
#19886 Hi,

Just wondering where you are up to with the mesh network - I had a look at your Thingworx, and didn't really like it for my own needs, your mesh network would be a better fit. I've ordered two NodeMCUs, and will be ordering another two in about a week and a half. I'll be flashing the firmware and giving it a try.

Many thanks for trying to do this - I for one would love to see some source...! =)

Shane.
By Ben Baron
#19887 I second the source request. I'm working on something for burning man that needs some basic mesh networking and even if your code is in bad shape it would be great to learn from.