Chat freely about anything...

By yukardo
#49564 Hello everybody,

I tried to connect to the ESP8266 module using putty, but it did not work it.

I changed the baud rate and tried with the implicity CR and LF and it still did not work.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks.
By tlaswell
#49995 My personal experience with Putty had to do with Baudrate. It took me some fumbling around to figure out how to change it on the fly without having to restart Putty. I found at 9600 I got nothing. At 11520 I started getting junk characters. Finally I looked it up and realized it was supposed to be 115200 and I started getting recognizable characters. The CRLF option just allows the commands I type to appear on separate lines.

The firmware that came on my ESP8266-01 doesn't seem to respond to AT commands but at least it echoes it.

At one point in fumbling with the board I accidentally reset it and got some sort of message about flash, checksums and the amount of memory available. Only got it once. Best I can figure is I accidentally powered GPI0 and it thought I was trying to flash it.

I haven't powered it up again because I am looking/waiting for the parts to make a stable breadboard adapter. All these same color wires running everywhere is not a good idea with a board that picks up stray voltages from your fingers.