Chat freely about anything...

By ghanashyam
#50016 I have been working with the Olimex MOD WiFi ESP8266 Dev Rev B module and trying to configure it using SmartConfig and the WiFi Manager ( https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager )(not both together, did one at a time, reset the WiFi Settings, then the other) . Although I've connected the device successfully to the WiFi and the credentials are saved, I'm not able to find out where these credentials are saved and how I can retrieve them. I see that the WiFi Manager stores it in Flash Memory whereas I think SmartConfig stores it in EEPROM (I'm not sure). But I am unable to find code that writes the credentials on to the memory. Where are the credentials stored and how do I access them ? Thanks in advance.
By ghanashyam
martinayotte wrote:In the case of the WiFiManager, it is leveraging this task to the native Espressif SDK itself, so you can get it back using wifi_station_get_config() from sdk/include/user_interface.h

What should the parameter be for the wifi_station_get_config() function?
By Pablo2048
#51258 Look into user_interface.h :
Code: Select allstruct station_config {
    uint8 ssid[32];
    uint8 password[64];
    uint8 bssid_set;   // Note: If bssid_set is 1, station will just connect to the router
                        // with both ssid[] and bssid[] matched. Please check about this.
    uint8 bssid[6];
};

bool wifi_station_get_config(struct station_config *config);