Chat freely about anything...

By Trey
#52020 The adapter is a broadcom 802.11, Last night I connected smoothly a hand full of time before calling it a night. This morning resetting stuff on my PC isn't doing the trick. Starting to wonder if it's totally random.
By forlotto
#52067 What router are you using ?

If it is broadcom based most likely it is flashable to DDWRT from there you can modify settings that will likely improve your situations or Tomato etc... They allow you to configure things like transmit power, how wifi is grouped 20mhz 1 channel 40mhz 2 combined channels etc... There are also options often for bluetooth coexistence... Preamble can be long or short afterburner mode and so on you can really fine tune the connections to your devices with aftermarket firmware.

It was my solution to find a way to do all of these things and also be able to troubleshoot any other issues that should arise.

I am curious to know the antenna you are using and why you just don't use the micro antenna port (err forget the name) to sma adapter rather then soldering use the micro port that is there? I assume you are using the rainsun esp07 model by your photo.
By Trey
#52108 I have a couple of routers and have used several during the project including my cellular hotspot. I never have issues with the esp connecting to a router. Only this device connecting to the ESP AP. I am using ESP-10 modules. As far as I know there is no micro port or whatever on it. I may be mistaken but the datasheets specifically say no on board antennae. I wish there was. This is the antenna I am using as posted back with the picture.

Everything works great but the laptop I use for development. I tried 4 android, 2 I Phones, 3 Laptops. The only
one with any connection issues ever is.

Toshiba with a 64bit, 2.20ghz intel i3 and broadcom 802.11 b/g/n network adapter. I have all of the settings you mentioned in your previous post. One of my comments I think talks about changing them alittle and seeing progress but I does not last.

It's not as crucial as the project which I now consider complete in it's first version. However I do still need to figure out why I have connectivity issues on this machine and not others. I will need to be able to explain and help an idiot fix their issue.