Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#51974 At these frequencies messing with antenna circuitry is very it and miss (more miss) if you don't have the proper equipment and the knowledge of how to use it.

What was wrong with the original antenna?
By Trey
#51976 There isn't an on board antennae on the module only a feed pin. Thanks for the response though. I have found that when I am having persistent problems connecting with my PC I am able to connect my Iphone??

I have tried everything I can find from resetting my network adapter to running netsh and ipconfig commands to reset everything. None of it seems to make a difference. The PC randomly connects when it feels like it.

When it is connecting it seems to connect a few times before acting out again. However I have noticed I have to forget the network and turn my Wifi off and back on in between connections.

I am going to keep testing and if the phone never has a problem, I'll boil it down to an issue with my network adapter or Windows 10 dig out an old laptop and get it going again to test a different network adapter and OS.

If anyone can tell me more about the antennae besides it's not cake. I would love to here it. Thanks again.
By Trey
#51977 Update, everything seems to be running smoothly. For now. I have not called it a success just yet. I still need to test at my partners and the library and see this work for a day or so consistently.

I think I narrowed it down to the network adapter on the laptop I have been pulling teeth in front of.

The solution that seemed to work.

From the device manager disable power saving/minimal power mode.
By forlotto
#51980 Yes this can and will happen without question on just about any networking adapter it is something to do with the driver and the OS the way it saves connection I have seen situations where the best solution is a network reboot. But I also notice that once I get about 5 ESP's and a couple other devices on a single wifi router often one of the ESP's will get knocked offline and stop working my solution was to get more wifi in my home I now have 3 wifi routers to load balance everything hopefully all of the radiation doesn't turn me into the incredible hulk or something lol! But these things are great I love them have a difficult time not adding another device to my home keep jamming away at stuff and testing different ideas so far these things are just super addicting can't imagine what I will do down the line here the the ESP32 and its bluetooth feature I really love how these things work so well and are actually affordable.

Anyhow good to see you got this working I am interested which wifi adapter you are using this might also be helpful information for the users out there I am not so much worried about it as my issues are mostly solved. But might be helpful if you included this type of info when posting.

Also I am curious on channel switching I have 20mhz channels set for my ESP's but I set all my channels up via the router to connect to I assume this is what you are doing as well or are you having the ESP choose a channel to connect to if so that would be an interesting feature I have not experimented with.

One other thing that helps is a good router with a nice device listing that allows you to set the mac id's to a static IP. Alternate firmware like openwrt, ddwrt, and tomato are nice to experiment with if you have compatible consumer routers.

Thanks!