Chat freely about anything...

By gpBen
#54700 Hello,

So I tried the suggestion from Barnabybear but it hasn't worked unfortunately.

Any other ideas from the forum? I'd be happy with any kind of 'shake to wake' solution!

Thanks,
Ben
By Barnabybear
#54706 Hi, something is not making sense.
I tested the interrupt with a multimeter. The LIS interrupt pin reads 3.3v normally, then when I double tap, it goes down to 0v until I read the Interrupt register. - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11564#sthash.Sw37kdwi.dpuf

If the LIS interrupt pin is at 3.3V and connected to RESET it should be quite difficult to go into deep sleep, and if the LIS interrupt pin goes LOW on interupt this is not going to pull the RESET pin HIGH to wake the ESP.

Lets go to an ideal world.
Given that if RESET is LOW the ESP is mostly inactive and if HIGH active.
So deep sleep works by having RESET pulled high by a resistor (10k is good).
When the ESP is required to deep sleep GPIO 16 pulls RESET LOW (1k resistor is good) making the ESP mostly inactive.
To become active again RESET must me pulled HIGH which can be done manualy or via GPIO16 on a timer.

So to get to the bit that doesn't seem correct.
If you have connected the LIS interrupt pin (which is normaly HIGH) to RESET then GPIO16 shouldn't be able to put the ESP into deep sleep, and as the LIS interrupt pin goes LOW on an interupt it couldn't wake the ESP if it was in deep sleep (if active it would cause it to be inactive).

In sumary: I'm not sure what your trying to do will work the way your attempting. I think your going to need to invert the interupt to wake the ESP (easy with a FET).
Have look over things again and I / we are happy to help in any way we can.