Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#56443 A major bug in your changes, or with the original code?

I am currently running your code. Just got it up and running with my LCD additions and name node name translation.
By maykon.meneghel
#56461 Thank you Sfranzyshen,

I got to solve my problem just updating the ESP8266 generic version board (board manager) in the arduino IDE (from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0) and the compilation problem was solved.
Now I've been playing with the Mesh Network.
By sfranzyshen
rudy wrote:A major bug in your changes, or with the original code?

I am currently running your code. Just got it up and running with my LCD additions and name node name translation.

sorry the bug was in my code ... but has been fixed ... it was fixed on github and rolled over to the pull request so hopefully you grabbed it after the bug was fixed ... I have not had a chance to test this code yet (I only have one esp8266 setup right now ...) so any feed back would be great! :D
By sfranzyshen
rudy wrote:A major bug in your changes, or with the original code?

UPDATE: I have tested setting all APs to a single IP address ... but it didn't work ...the two nodes stop responding to one another ... although the client wifi device connected fine ...

I also made a change (in my code) to set all APs to a single IP address ... but I left it remarked out ... if anyone (with more than 1 esp) wants to test if this will work ... the line is located in easyMeshAP.cpp in function apInit() ... currently line #26

Code: Select all    ip_addr ip, netmask;
    IP4_ADDR( &ip, 192, 168, ( _nodeId & 0xFF ), 1);
//    IP4_ADDR( &ip, 192, 168, 1, 1); // testme
    IP4_ADDR( &netmask, 255, 255, 255, 0);

just remark out the first IP4_ADDR line and un-remark the second IP4_ADDR ... If everything works the mesh should still function as usual ... and you should be able to connect to any of the APs ... and open 192.168.1.1 from a web browser ... try connecting to each APs wifi ... then test the web page ...
Last edited by sfranzyshen on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.