Chat freely about anything...

By sfranzyshen
picstart wrote:Maybe it could be useful to use a predictive approach.
Each device has a list of devices that are on line and the last message number from each device.
Now when a device goes offline and there is at least one other device that remained the dropped device
could get from the surviving device the last message number it sent so it could predict the number of its next message.

I'm guessing you are running startHere example ... and these messages are generated at the application layer ... we are no where to here yet ... we are still working on the core layer of all this ... we'll get here ... just not yet :D
By picstart
#57372 0x8 jsonSubConnCount(): leaving count=1
0x8 jsonSubConnCount(): leaving count=1

Added the code you suggested but all that shows are thousands of lines of the above that obscure the issues.
The issues are it probably drops many messages with 3 devices. It may work for you with just two devices
but a mesh usually might have more than 2 devices. Perhaps it is too early to test with 3 devices.
By rudy
#57373 I have been running with seven ESPs and it has been working pretty good. I have serial terminals open so I can watch the received packets. I have a serial routine that I use to inject my own packets in addition to the example's communication test. I slowed down the rate of transmissions that the example had. It was impossible to watch with so many nodes. Now I'm typically getting a message in every 1-5 seconds. The odd time closer.

Added the code you suggested but all that shows are thousands of lines of the above that obscure the issues.

I totally agree with you on this. I can't deal with all that. But is likely to be where most of the answers will be found. So I'm going to look at it again and see if I can eliminate the noise.
By rudy
#57397 I had some exceptions and I tried to manually create a directory for the exception tool to use. I don't know why it still didn't work. I followed the information provided here and verified it from the issue raised on the Github page. I ended up messing something up with my environment and I can't get the source to compile. I tried uninstalling and deleting everything and starting fresh and it still isn't working. I don't know how long it will take to get back up and running.