Chat freely about anything...

By heckler
#64072 Is it just me or is it difficult to send PM's to other forum members?

The only way I have found is to go to my own profile and then try and search or remember the users ID that I want to send a message to .

Shouldn't one be able to just click on the users avatar or ID in a post in a given thread and send them a PM?

Also I know have 3 PM that I have tried to send in my PM OUTBOX... how do I get them to be sent??? If they have been sent shouldn't they end up in my SENT folder?

I must really be tired or missing something (or this forum is making it difficult)

frustrated
dwight
By RichardS
#64088 HUH?

Click on the users Avatar or Name link, (upper left on the post) click on the envelope and voila, send away...

and

Yes the PHPBB software keeps the sent message in the outbox till its read on the other end.... its a bit odd.

RichardS
By heckler
#64095 Something very strange is going on...

If I have not logged in to the forum with my user id then I can click on the avatar or users name (but the next window tells me that I am not authorized to view the user list or member profile)

Then if I go and log in and then go back to one of the threads in the forum and try and hover my mouse over someones avatar or user name my mouse no longer recognizes it as an active part of the web page. I no longer can click on it or right click and see any ability to PM.

I have tried this with both IE and Mozilla Firefox.

Any Ideas?? :?: