Chat freely about anything...

By greggriessel
#64091 Subject is confusing , i didnt know how to state what i want .. bare with me please ...

i have a project that requires a user to select from a list of "servers" presented on a "on ESP webserver" , that is provided via dynamic source (maybe JSON) ..

So once ESP8266 has booted and is on WIFI , it will contact the hosting server and get a list of "servers" .. this list then will be made available to the user via a webserver on the ESP8266 and the user will select the specific "server" they want and i will then use this section further in my sketch as a variable input ....

right now i have this working on a static system whereby i manually input the list of "servers" and present them for use , however this will not scale due to the variable nature of the project it needs to come from a dynamic source

my idea was to host the "server" list in a JSON format and pull it down and parse it into a list on the ESP8266 , save it as input variables to a HTML Select and then allow the user to select the correct one and continue ..

Any suggestions ? has someone done something like this ? or there any existing libraries that can make my life easier , i have stated to piece together some JSON parsers .. but if someone has any suggestions please help