Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#66125 The first requirement to access a Bluetooth device is to be within it range of operation. Bluetooth has a password option in order to join with it.

The example you mentioned was about devices without security. And it is up to you to decide how much security you need.

If your device acted as a weather station, providing temperature and humidity data, it wouldn't matter if there was no security on it since the only actions available were harmless measurements. But if your device had outputs to control devices that did work then you would probably want to add security to the device. It is your choice.
By faramon
#66127 yes, dht or humidity even motion sensors does not need extra security. Does nodemcu provide bluetooth or it must be connected as outer element? Have anyone the code for doing this? if i start such a module again and again, does i need to enter password over and over again? :ugeek:
By rudy
#66132 Normally there is an initial pairing between the device and the phone/tablet. A password is entered. After that the app connects to it when you select the app.

In certain situations you can make it not require a password, just like WiFi doesn't need it. But the norm is to have it.

TheESP8266 does not have Bluetooth. The ESP32does. But I would look for a lower cost module. Keep in mind that what you should use is Bluetooth LE and not regular Bluetooth. BLE has a lower power operation mode than regular Bluetooth.