Chat freely about anything...

By lazarvgd
#67622 Hello world!
I have a problem, I have uploaded several code examples to my node mcu board, and suddenly I cannot upload anything to it. I am getting message that IDE didn't receive signal from board. I have checked the configurations and everything seems to be fine.
The message is: espcom_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed.

Is this related to physical damage of the board?

Thanks
By QuickFix
#67686 You can measure if the FLASH-button is still working, by connecting a multimeter between pin D3 (GPIO0) and a G-pin (GND).
Alternatively measure directly on the ESP chip (don't touch its metal can) itself, connecting between the top rightmost pin and the fourth pin from the right:

Set your multimeter to the 20k-ohm (or higher) range.
If the FLASH-button is not pressed, you should read a value of about 11.5k, when pressed it should drop down to (nearly) 0 ohm (in my case it was around 500 Ohm, so I couldn't use the continuity-setting on my meter).

If the switch isn't working or you want to make sure your ESP is in the flashing mode at reset, you can attach a jumper cable/Dupont wire between pin D3 of the NodeMCU board and GND.
Press the RESET-button and detach one end of the wire; this *should* get you into flash-mode.