Chat freely about anything...

By lazarvgd
#67886 The right error message is here:

Code: Select allAn error occurred while uploading the sketch
Uploading 226304 bytes from /tmp/arduino_build_365542/blinking.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn't receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
By QuickFix
#67890 I hate it when new posts of some users don't show up as new posts, so I missed your entry of last Friday, sorry.

lazarvgd wrote:The right error message is here:

The IDE isn't able to set your board in programming mode, that's roughly what the message says.

Most newer development boards, like the NodeMCU and Wemos, can be set in flash mode programmatically (using the RS232-RTS line if I'm not mistaken), but somehow this doesn't seem to work at the moment.
This could be because you've either selected the wrong board in the IDE (under "Tools" -> "Board" it should read "NodeMCU") or your auto-flash circuit is somehow defective.

For an in-depth explanation of how this works, have a read through this article. :idea:

Older boards are set into flash-mode by pressing the "RESET"-button whilst holding the "FLASH"-button; after pressing reset, you can release the flash-button again and the board *should* be in flash-mode.

Since the NodeMCU-board also has a FLASH-button, you can use this older flashing technique as well.
Have you tried to put your board in flash-mode manually yet?

Greetz,

Peter