Chat freely about anything...

By villTech
johnyradio wrote:when i said "ESP8266 Killer", i was simply referring to price and features. not popularity.
oh is it. are you even sure about that.
why won't you find "EMW3165 Killer" or "NL6621 Killer", features and price are good.
or why didn't you post "EMW3165 Killer" or "NL6621 Killer".
it is because they are not popular. they don't worth the "kill". :D :D :D

johnyradio wrote:no need to tell me i'm "out of place here". don't take it personally!
well, non taken personally. and i did not said "you are". i said "you seemed so"

johnyradio wrote:true, if migrating existing esp8266 code to this other wireless chip is important to you.
migrating existing code is not my concern.
migrating existing code is not how i define "ease of use".
there you go again.
you and him is not important here. the important here is the community.
you really seemed so out of place. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By johnyradio
#69116 I can totally see how, depending on your perspective or your specific application, those prices could be considered dramatically different.

For my purposes, anything under$5 for a module is the same price point. But of course that doesn't apply to everyone.

I misnamed this thread. I don't care if this chip kills the ESP or not.

I just want to determine if this chip really beats the ESP on real world data rates. And if so, what are the downsides of this chip?

I can see how, to some people, on a website devoted to the ESP, a thread comparing the ESP to another chip might seem out of place. I do not agree.

Cheers!