Chat freely about anything...

By ToDDBa
#70109 Hey there,

i'm having a problem that really starts to frustrate me.

A few weeks ago, i've started with a little project which drives an DMX512 Light using the wonderful ESP8266. To doing so, i've written a DMX driver for the ESP8266 and skripted a very simple webserver too.
The ESP serves TCP at port 80. When i'm connecting to the local IP of the ESP using a browser, it sends a simple HTML/ Javascript which is displayed by the browser. The browser then sends RGB Data to the ESP, which takes this data and put it to an array, which is used by the DMX driver.
I used this setup in my house with an HitronHUB for some weeks now and it works perfectly well and stable.

Now i've mooved to my parents house to install this system here. But i can't get the ESP to connect to the WiFi here.. :|
They use a Fritz!BOX 3370 with WPA2(CCMP).
I've copy and pasted the SSID and the WiFi-Key directly so it can't be a typo in any way. But when i'm checking out the System-Log of the AP it says "Connection failed. Wrong Key".

I've heard about some problems with overridden sha1 functions which causes this fault. But i'll can't point out, where this should happen in my Code.

To simplify the Problem: I'll also tried the basic_example from the git Repo https://github.com/esp8266/source-code-examples/tree/master/basic_example...

The same problem occurs. Can you help me with this?
Did anyone have or had a similar problem?

If i forget any details, please ask for,..

Thank you very much,
after 2 weeks of searching and testing, you're my last Chance! ;)

Best Regards!
Tony