Chat freely about anything...

By craiglindley
#70926 Hello,
For anyone looking for more projects to build using the ESP8266 they should checkout the website below. This is a collection of project articles I have written for Nuts and Volts magazine focused on the ESP8266. This collection along with all of the supporting code is available for $15.

Check it out.

http://www.craigandheather.net/esp8266_projects.html
By QuickFix
craiglindley wrote:Check it out.

There's not much to check out with just an index... :?

To be honoust: by just reading the index, I can't find a project not yet available for free on some enthusiast's website (or on Hackster.io or Instructables). :roll:

By craiglindley
#71581 Here are some recent comments I have received about the NeoPixel Tree Project detailed in the book and shown here:

From ArduinoGuy on Nov 3rd 2017 talking about the NeoPixel Tree project:

Fantastic article by Mr. Lindley! The various software and hardware tools he discusses (WiFiManager, ArduinoOTA, the WS2812FX library, and the Zing laser cutter) will be welcome additions to my future projects. Articles like this are why I subscribe to Nuts and Volts. Well done!

Mr. Lindley,

I just received my Nov. 2017 Nuts and Volts magazine and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your NeoPixel article. This is exactly the kind of article I look for in the magazine and a big reason why I subscribed to it. I may not build the exact project you described, but I’m SURE I’ll use the info you included about WiFiManager, ArduinoOTA, and the spectacular WS2812FX library!

Thank you for a fantastic article. You made a fellow DIY’er/hacker’s Friday!

Kind regards,
Cincinnati, OH

So I beg to differ with the previous post. Many of the projects in this book are truly unique and utilize the ESP8266 in many different ways from this NeoPixel tree to the brains of a robot to Internet radio and MIDI. And getting all of the detailed project documentation and all of the code together for the price of a hamburger I believe is well worth the cost.
By McChubby007
craiglindley wrote:Hello,
This collection along with all of the supporting code is available for $15.

Check it out.

This kind of sh1t attitude really pi$$es me off. Big deal, a neopixel monstrosity... Really???

Perhaps we should bill you for any of your posts that we provide replies to.

I don't know what the forum's policy is, but if I had my way you would be banned.

This comes a few days after some of us were discussing collaboration on making libraries 'even better for novices' and no one mentioned anything about money.