Chat freely about anything...

By oxurane
#71111 I wonder why a moderator or administrator needs to approve opening a topic, posting or edit a message.
I can understand you want to keep posting garbage at a low percentage. However it's pretty drastic for a website (my humble opinion).

Why ? OK, let me give a practical example :

Day 0 : I open a topic, with an urgent request.
Day 3 .. 5 : Topic approved and available for visitors / members.
Day 4 : Someone reads it and decides to write a reply.
Day 6 .. 10 : Reply approved and can be read...

I just got exactly this experience. Well, someone else opened a topic, and I wrote a reply. When I noticed the message got available, the topicstarter mentioned he got his problem solved in the meantime :shock:

-=[ EDIT ]=-
Hmm,. I now understand why (by experience). OK,. forget above question.

Next question
There's another thing I like to get more info about.
When I check my profile, especially "Usergroups", I see something about "Memberships" and "Non-memberships". I noticed, a user might be able to sign up for a certain group. However, no description about what to expect or what it's ment for. Other groups you need to be invited for.

Is there a way to get more info about this ? I couldn't find the desired info about it (.... yet...).
By rudy
#71112 Have you checked out the >>New Blog<< at the top of the page?
Check the date. The site was built and some things got used and some things didn't. The forums are open as far as I know. There have not been any invitations to my knowledge.

As someone new you may not be able to post freely yet. I don't know how fast that changes. Just be patient.