Chat freely about anything...

By MadinaBektayeva
#72300 I spent on this question more than 2 weeks of googling with no success. I do not get response from esp8266 version 01 on AT commands. I need to access wifi from Arduino via esp01. I know that esp can be programmed to work without arduino and so on, but I need it to be a wifi module for arduino. On most of the websites Arduino is used as UART for direct programming of esp01, but I am making this setup to make it work as a wifi support of arduino:

RX of esp <---> 6 pin (TX) of arduino via voltage divider (5V-3.3V)

TX of esp <---> 5 pin (RX) of arduino (3.3V)

Vcc of esp <---> 3.3v of arduino

GND of esp <---> GND of arduino

CH_PD of esp <---> 3.3V of arduino via 10k resistor

GPIO0 of esp <---> 3.3V of arduino via 10k resistor

GPIO2 of esp <---> 3.3V of arduino via 10k resistor

Then I upload this code on Arduino:

SoftwareSerial espSerial(5, 6);

const int COM_BAUD = 9600;

void setup() { espSerial.begin(COM_BAUD); Serial.begin(COM_BAUD); Serial.println("Setup done"); }

void loop() { if ( espSerial.available() ) Serial.write( espSerial.read() ); if ( Serial.available() ) espSerial.write( Serial.read() ); }

It prints on AT monitor: Setup done

But when I send AT command it is not even printed on AT monitor.

One more point -> New wifi called "AITHINKER..." is being created and I even connect to it, of course, this does not grant me access to web. But this is a good sign telling that esp is working, both current and voltage are enough for operation.

So it does not respond or recieve AT commands. There is no documentation for correct connection of esp01 as wifi of arduino uno and I will be very happy if you could share some websites using esp01 as wifi of arduino uno correctly.

There are some points which are usually resolve other problems of such kind, but did not resolve mine:

- External power supply with common to arduino ground -> done
- Change RX, TX pins -> done
- Replace esp01 -> having 5 of them, protecting from over voltage

Please, help me.. Losing any hope on this..

P.S. It responds to AT commands when I connect it directly to computer via USB UART cable. The problem comes when I connect it as arduino module.
By rick2nd
#72457 maybe is hardware....or software switch.....tx and rx could be inverted.....gets into mark and space definitions....true rs232 protocol.......to connect module to a rs232 both have to be inverted...

none the less, i have not had any success at getting AT stuff in module to work.....stupid baud rate changes of downloader 74880 vs firmware specifics...no real words saying technical details...someone please....what group of bins and address to get the thing to work??....

MadinaBektayeva wrote:I spent on this question more than 2 weeks of googling with no success. I do not get response from esp8266 version 01 on AT commands. I need to access wifi from Arduino via esp01. I know that esp can be programmed to work without arduino and so on, but I need it to be a wifi module for arduino. On most of the websites Arduino is used as UART for direct programming of esp01, but I am making this setup to make it work as a wifi support of arduino:

RX of esp <---> 6 pin (TX) of arduino via voltage divider (5V-3.3V)

TX of esp <---> 5 pin (RX) of arduino (3.3V)

Vcc of esp <---> 3.3v of arduino

GND of esp <---> GND of arduino

CH_PD of esp <---> 3.3V of arduino via 10k resistor

GPIO0 of esp <---> 3.3V of arduino via 10k resistor

GPIO2 of esp <---> 3.3V of arduino via 10k resistor

Then I upload this code on Arduino:

SoftwareSerial espSerial(5, 6);

const int COM_BAUD = 9600;

void setup() { espSerial.begin(COM_BAUD); Serial.begin(COM_BAUD); Serial.println("Setup done"); }

void loop() { if ( espSerial.available() ) Serial.write( espSerial.read() ); if ( Serial.available() ) espSerial.write( Serial.read() ); }

It prints on AT monitor: Setup done

But when I send AT command it is not even printed on AT monitor.

One more point -> New wifi called "AITHINKER..." is being created and I even connect to it, of course, this does not grant me access to web. But this is a good sign telling that esp is working, both current and voltage are enough for operation.

So it does not respond or recieve AT commands. There is no documentation for correct connection of esp01 as wifi of arduino uno and I will be very happy if you could share some websites using esp01 as wifi of arduino uno correctly.

There are some points which are usually resolve other problems of such kind, but did not resolve mine:

- External power supply with common to arduino ground -> done
- Change RX, TX pins -> done
- Replace esp01 -> having 5 of them, protecting from over voltage

Please, help me.. Losing any hope on this..

P.S. It responds to AT commands when I connect it directly to computer via USB UART cable. The problem comes when I connect it as arduino module.