Chat freely about anything...

By ShantanuJ
#52776 Hey,
That was a great load of information Alex. Thank you!.

Now, I have one question. I have a wifi router. The wifi has its SSID and is password protected.

I also have many NodeMCU clients. They connect to the WiFi using the SSID and Password and I am able to send messages from my Phone to the End NodeMcu Device through WiFi and Internet.

My problem is, I am designing a system, wherein, the NodeMcu end device needs to connect to the internet without a password. That is obviously not possible with my main router. Because the router is SSID and Password protected.

I need a middle-man device. I am confused as to what that device must be. An Access Point? The flow of information I need is as follows:

Android----> Internet-----> Router(SSID, Password)-----> Hub (SSID)------> End NodeMcu WiFi Device.

Will this HUB be configured as an AP? or some other configuration?
By MidoAssran
#53628 Yeah you can set one of your ESP8266 modules to be an AP (no password protection) and have it simultaneously connected to your router as a station (AP+ST mode). So only that ESP8266 connected directly to the router needs to know the password for the router, the others do not.