Sming - Open Source framework for high efficiency native ESP8266 development

By voyager
#16572 Hi Byalonewolfx2,

Nope. Although i adapted all Directories needed nothing working. I still get a lot of Errors:
(nearly everything is missing)
Function 'digitalWrite' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 11 Semantic Error
Function 'pinMode' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 17 Semantic Error
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop. Basic_Blink C/C++ Problem
Method 'initializeMs' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 18 Semantic Error
Method 'start' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 18 Semantic Error
Symbol 'OUTPUT' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 17 Semantic Error
Type 'Timer' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 6 Semantic Error

and Warnings

Invalid project path: Include path not found (/Users/blabla/Documents/workspace/Sming/Basic_Blink/\include). Basic_Blink pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (/Users/blabla/Documents/workspace/Sming/Basic_Blink/Sming/). Basic_Blink pathentry Path Entry Problem

I have never seen such a declaration before. Is that correct? '/Sming/Basic_Blink/\include'
To be honest, never thought getting that much problems installing such small piece of software.

Can anyone give me Size results using lua, Arduino ESP IDE and Sming ?
By kenn
alon24 wrote:I follow the sming gitter with great interest, and I think its very good, the speed of things there is amazing.

But I have a question, what can I use right now? what is stable?
I rebase my sming now and again, on the main stream, and each time, my project stops working.

So how would you recommend i "consume" sming, and start working with it?

clone from main?
Is the issue (in main) of not putting my project in the same dir as sming, solved?

"
On Windows

Download ESP8266 Unofficial DevKit
Import Sming example projects to Eclipse IDE
Please upgrade SDK to v1.0.1b1
Compile it and flash to chip!"

Where do I download 1.0.1b1 exactly from

The latest 'ESP8266 Unofficial DevKit' (Version 2.0.3, 27.04.2015) already has SDK 1.01. Check the changelog.

sming is moving fast! 8-) This means there currently isn't a 'stable' version, but I haven't had serious problems yet, and they seem to find and fix any bugs quickly.

To start working with sming I simply cloned the master repo of sming into C:\Espressif\sming, and i pull the latest whenever I want the latest set of changes. I create new folders inside sming for my own sming applications so that they don't get walked-over by an update, but sometimes this means I have to update some things in my custom applications (eg makefile) by hand.
By alonewolfx2
#16624 join us. https://gitter.im/alonewolfx2/Sming i hope we can find a solution for you.

voyager wrote:Hi Byalonewolfx2,

Nope. Although i adapted all Directories needed nothing working. I still get a lot of Errors:
(nearly everything is missing)
Function 'digitalWrite' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 11 Semantic Error
Function 'pinMode' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 17 Semantic Error
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop. Basic_Blink C/C++ Problem
Method 'initializeMs' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 18 Semantic Error
Method 'start' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 18 Semantic Error
Symbol 'OUTPUT' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 17 Semantic Error
Type 'Timer' could not be resolved application.cpp /Basic_Blink/app line 6 Semantic Error

and Warnings

Invalid project path: Include path not found (/Users/blabla/Documents/workspace/Sming/Basic_Blink/\include). Basic_Blink pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (/Users/blabla/Documents/workspace/Sming/Basic_Blink/Sming/). Basic_Blink pathentry Path Entry Problem

I have never seen such a declaration before. Is that correct? '/Sming/Basic_Blink/\include'
To be honest, never thought getting that much problems installing such small piece of software.

Can anyone give me Size results using lua, Arduino ESP IDE and Sming ?
By anakod
#16642 Sorry with reply delay danbicks. Thanx alonewolfx2. You, of course, you can check connection in Timer, like in blink example.

voyager, I think it isn't real errors, just Eclipse path missing. Please look to Eclipse Console not Output Window. Also you can try to build it under Windows, I was develop it under Windows, and kireevco wasn't completed crossplatform branch yet. So Windows it garanted, Linux\Mac only in beta.