Chat freely about anything...

By Forsete
#13869 Hi Guys,
Pretty new to all this but as a hobby project I want to design this Amazon Dash Button. Just read this thread twice and was wondering what are the basics I have to order to pull this off?

- ESP Module (which ones will do? 12?)
- RGB Led
- Battery
- MOSFET
- Push Button

In addition I would need to order the basics like meters / wires / gear etc.

What do you guys think it would cost me all to get this working?
By spants
Sprite_tm wrote:Now to clean up the code a bit and do a small-ish writeup on how it works.

Please dont forget about this! I'm trying to build a button and need the poweroff circuit (oh - and an idea on the software!!!).

Love your website btw - lots of amazing stuff!
Tony
By Sprite_tm
spants wrote:
Sprite_tm wrote:Now to clean up the code a bit and do a small-ish writeup on how it works.

Please dont forget about this! I'm trying to build a button and need the poweroff circuit (oh - and an idea on the software!!!).

Love your website btw - lots of amazing stuff!
Tony

I'm not - I just have another article in the queue that I need to finish first. I'm documenting as quickly as I can ;)

The button schematic basically is this: http://j0h.nl/-1QB
The IRLM is the main switch and when the button is pressed, the gate of it will be pulled down through the diode (which is some kind of schottky - I forgot which, but it probably doesn't matter) and gives power to the ESP. The 'power on' line is a GPIO which does have a pull-up that's already enabled in the boot ROM of the ESP - I think it's GPIO2. This will turn on the BSH111, which will keep the power flowing. Because of the diode, when the button is released the BTN input of the ESP will get high as soon as the button is released, which is how I can detect if the button is pressed only once or is kept pressed. I can also detect a new button press to cancel whatever's going on and go back to sleep.