Chat freely about anything...

By lracselwonk
#95900 I have been trying to figure this one out for months. Prior to last Fall I had no problems connecting 8266-01 to my home wifi, in fact I had several projects using the 01 up and running, but not on my home wifi. I had originally set them up at home and then moved them to other locations connecting to other wifi networks but I had set them up at home and there were no issues connecting to my home wifi to do so. At first I thought I could not connect period but after trying again lo and behold I discovered if I let it run it would eventually connect but it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour to establish a connection. I also use nodemcu 8266 v3, ESP 32 and 8285 and have no problems connecting. I even used a Nodemcu as a wifi extender on my network and my 8266-01 connected to it immediately. While my router is upstairs I have placed the 8266-01 right next to it and still the same problem. What I can't understand is if all the other modules connect straight away why doesn't the 01?

I am hoping someone can shed some light on how to fix this problem as it has me baffled.