Chat freely about anything...

By yorknh
Pigs Fly wrote:Might want to check those certs for yourself - I thought it was well established that they aren't real, and you would need to re-certify your product if using them.

As to importing, are you looking for a source of the modules, or legal advice on importing? Can't help with the latter.

We've been paying about $2.50/module for -07 and -12 varieties in relatively small batches from China. So far no duds out of a few hundred of them.

Actually I'm in a similar boat. I am looking for a source of the -07 modules, especially if I get can them assembled with pins. These would be in a system that already has to go through "unintentional radiation" certification so that's not a concern for me.
By drasko
#15361 Guys,
I think we are missing the subject here. Reliable source of non-defecting modules is secondary (although very important). Primaty issue is can we use these modules at all?

yorknh wrote:Actually I'm in a similar boat. I am looking for a source of the -07 modules, especially if I get can them assembled with pins. These would be in a system that already has to go through "unintentional radiation" certification so that's not a concern for me.

Of course it is, because if you use WiFi module in your product it must have a certification for oth "intentional radiator" (which is err... your WiFi module :)) and "unintentional radiator", which is the whole circutry clocked at some frequency.

Now, if the module has a FCC modular certificate, this certificate is passed onto your device, and you have to do only "unintentional radiator" tasts - which are much much cheaper and simpler.

There has been a lot of polemics about this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1179 and I am surprised that we still do not have an aswer to this basic subject: can we or can we not build real-world products with ESP8266 module (even if this is ESP12, I do not mind the model now)?

BR,
Drasko