Chat freely about anything...

By JustGreg
#20645 I have been using the ESP-01 version of the ESP8266 with great success. I recently tried to update one using AT+CIUPDATE and it failed. I used ESPTool to restore the firmware to 0.9.5.0 version. In checking the various updates, I found the newer version 0.9.5.2 version. I tried it and could not make a good serial connection. It look like I was using the wrong baud rate. I have tried several different without any luck. Could the firmware be using the Chinese character set? What is the default serial terminal baud rate for 0.9.5.2 after a upload? Thank you in advance for any help on this.
By JustGreg
#20764 Thank you Gerry for the information. It was a great help. Now I know where to look for new ESP8266 firmware.

I did tried both versions of the 0.9.5.2 firmware. Both failed after loading to the two ESP8266 ESP-01 devices I have. I did get a possible reason for the failure. With the 115200 baud rate version, in the boot message, I saw this: "mem check failed". I thought I might have gotten an error with downloading the files. I tried again with new down load. I upload it again and got the same error. I suspect the "mem check failed" error message is for a checksum of the memory that is not correct.

I will stay with 0.9.5(B1) firmware. It works great with no problems at this time.

Thanks again for the help.