Chat freely about anything...

By OliverNZ
#21743 Hi all,

Sorry to bug Google didn't give me the answer I needed. My ESP-12s all have that ugly 76800baud issue (which I didn't have with the ESP-01s). How the heck do I get around that and set it to 115200? I'm on a mac and don have a Term program that does that baud rate. So doing an AT+CIOBAUD=115200 isn't an option. Only thing I have that will (hopefully) work is the esptool.py.

Even Arduino IDE doesn't have that setting.

Hope I'm just having a *duh* moment but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Oliver
By Stoney
#21784 Which type of usb-rs232 converter are you using, I know some of the PL2303 drivers do not allow odd baud rates yet some do, it is not a hardware limitation, it is the actual driver.
The FTDI drivers seem a bit more solid but there still maybe some out there that do not do everything.
So it could be a driver issue is all I am saying..

It has been a while since I used my macbook for hardware dev, but I seem to remember not having any issues setting odd baud rates on occasions just using screen and terminal.. if you have a scope handy might be worth trying some loopback tests and sending out some 'UUUUUU's (0x55 ascii)

Any help ?
http://dtucker.co.uk/work/the-definitve-guide-to-setting-up-a-usb-serial-adapter-and-iterm2-on-osx.html

76800 baud was one of the standard baud rates years ago, not sure why it is hardly supported any longer.

ok, yuk, I just pulled out my macbook pro and had a play with 'screen'
if you set the baud to 76800 you get 9600 baud.
set to 115k works, set to 76800 and it defaults back to 9600.
no warnings whatsoever.
That was with a PL2303, unfortunately I don't have the FTDI drivers installed atm, yet the arduino IDE works fine with my ftdi and opens the terminal. at least I dont think its installed, I couldnt find it on the /dev/tty* list .. the pl2303 was easy.
By OliverNZ
#21825 Hi,

Have an ftdi after a lot of stuffing around with other chips. 76800 works but struggling to get input going. Will fire up my iterm2 and try.

Cheers
Oliver