Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#50708 Then that is the solution. I have already resolved the bug in the code, so channel 1 is really default now, but I'm afraid you will have to wait for the next release to have the pre-compiled binaries.
By PumpkinEater
#54673 Hi eriksl,
first of all thank you very much for sharing this nice bridge. After playing around I found out that the Wifi password seems to be limited to 32 characters. Would it be possible to change that restriction to the max 63 bytes?

BTW, is it possible somehow to set a static IP for the ESP module - I would like to be independant from any DHCP server).

Thanks again.
Peter
By eriksl
#54694 Yes indeed it's limited to 32 bytes, I think that's already quite long?

Currently I am in the process of rewriting quite a large chunk, transforming the binary (struct based) config into a text based config (which, indeed, you could edit using a text editor on your PC), so I can easily add new functions and features without breaking the config every time (which means you'd have to re-configure all of it).

The current binary config doesn't allow the password field to be stretched, because all other fields would relocate. The text based config I'm working on would allow such a thing without problems.

What is the length you need? Currently, in the development code, I only allow 32 bytes for each value. Stretching that means more RAM use. Every config now is 64 bytes, a typical config consists of 75-100 entries, which now makes 6400 bytes, which, I think, is already quite a bit.

OTOH if you compile the code yourself, and maybe you don't need many config entries, you can stretch the config entry "value" field to whatever length suits you. I will make sure there will be no other limitations in the code.