Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#71653 Note that if the ssid is unknown for some reason, it defaults to "esp".
If the password is unknown, it defaults to "espespesp".
If the channel is unknown, it defaults to 1.

Do you see your own SSID? Or the default SSID "esp"? Can you connect using your own set password, or using "espespesp"?
By wchpikus
eriksl wrote:Note that if the ssid is unknown for some reason, it defaults to "esp".
If the password is unknown, it defaults to "espespesp".
If the channel is unknown, it defaults to 1.

Do you see your own SSID? Or the default SSID "esp"? Can you connect using your own set password, or using "espespesp"?

I see new ssid and after trying to connect i got info unavaible connect to this network..this is no info about wrong password or wrong autenticatuon, simple "can not connect to this network"..any rison.
So,it works strange;)
By eriksl
#71655 Maybe you hit a bug in the Espressif AP code?

Do you have this:
- with other firmwares (in access point mode)
- in the default mode (no ssid and password set, esp comes with "esp" ssid)

Have you checked you client, maybe it can't do WPA2 (with CCMP), or maybe it requires a longer password? The esp8266 demands a password of at least 8 characters, maybe that is the problem. That's why the default password is "espespesp" (9 characters).
By wchpikus
eriksl wrote:Maybe you hit a bug in the Espressif AP code?

Do you have this:
- with other firmwares (in access point mode)
- in the default mode (no ssid and password set, esp comes with "esp" ssid)

Have you checked you client, maybe it can't do WPA2 (with CCMP), or maybe it requires a longer password? The esp8266 demands a password of at least 8 characters, maybe that is the problem. That's why the default password is "espespesp" (9 characters).

hi
without changes (ssid , password) connection is ok.
In another firmware is it ok.

When i like to change ssid, after that I have problem to connect to this module.
I uploaded firmware again to module, esp and espespes works fine, i can connect.
Only changes ssid doing something wrong with this firmware..strange.
I tested module on nodemcu, tested with arduino, and transparent bridge..works ok.
This is not problem with module..
To be sure, I upload all flash to 0xff before load firmware. (erase all).