Chat freely about anything...

By Saroz
eriksl wrote:
Saroz wrote:dear Eriksl,

after upload the Release 7 using ESP8266Flasher tool of two binary file to ESP-01 and while connect to ESPlorer V0.2.0 or arduino 1.6, its Running continually like this †—†††šÇ-’µ†—†W†‚†š‡-’—‚—‚‚Æ‚Ú‡-’—†•†—†††šÇ-–—†—‚—†‚‚’‡-’—‚—‚‚‚†ÚÇ-’•†—‚‚Ä‚ "

it will support esp-1?want to do anything extra coding or anything? It will marge STATION and AP, so i can ping the client-ESP from device(PC, mobile, etc.) it connected to my main WIFI device? for your ref., i mention below my sample example.

my main WIFI device<----->marged STA $ AP ESP<----->client-ESP

It should work with every access point the esp8266 can connect to.

If you get "noise" on the uart, then probably the firmware isn't flashed right. Do you have experience with flashing, does it work when you flash a standard "at" firmware? Do you flash the 0x00000 at offset 0 and 0x40000 at offset 0x40000? I have only tested with esptool.py and that works without problems. I think your tools places the firmwares at the wrong addresses or leaves out the second.

I have no experience whatsoever with Arduino and I have absolutely no intention to get any.

yes yes.. i have experience with "ESP8266Flasher tool" for flashing because of mine is windows7 64bit OS, many time i did that with another flash files and thats working good on that time.
then even 0x00000 at offset 0 and 0x40000 at offset 0x40000 and selected both tick mark.

please guide me to solve for that error and tel me, if there any tool to flash for Windows.
By eriksl
#24127 Sorry I can't help you with Windows, have none over here.

But I thought maybe your UART is simply at wrong baud rate. By default the UART of the esp8266 is set to 115200N8 using my firmware. If you want to use another baud rate, you must configure it, save the configuration and restart.
By eriksl
#24131 I have drafted Release 9.

Short changelog:

Release 9: Add sensor calibration, pwm modulation feature, fix some i2c sensors

- add i2c sensor calibration, you can specify a correction offset and factor per sensor (isc command)
- change irom_text offset from 0x40000 to 0x10000, this frees up about 200 kbyte of flash memory
- add pwm modulation for all your "flashy" effects, see below for usage
- fixes to the tsl2550, tsl2561, bh1750, digipicco and am2321 i2c sensors
- add realtime clock (sort of)

PWM modulation:

This makes the duty go up and down automatically between configured boundaries, with a configured speed. Convenient for "slow" flashlights or "glowing" christmas lights.

For normal pwm use:

- gm pwm
- gs

For modulated pwm use:

- gm pwm
- gs

Speed is actually slowing down factor, 1 is fastest.

Download here: https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... e/releases