Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#24371 Did you do a "make"?

If it keeps giving this error, I think you best remove it all together, clone it again and make it from scratch.
By omersiar
#24549 Hi!

I am trying to understand why should i use or not use
"strip-telnet" command? Enabling it, will increase Ram or Cpu usage? I am asking because there is a delay when powering up both ESP and Arduino Mega together, if I disconnect ESP from Mega, mega runs code immediately, I think ESP's garbage confuses Mega's bootloader and causes Mega to delay.
By eriksl
#24561 The short version: I would certainly enable it, if you need it.

The long version: Some "real" telnet clients (like the one on Linux) will try to do "telnet negotiation". It will send a few triplets of binary data always starting with 0xff. The other side (the esp8266) doesn't understand it anyway, so you want to have it stripped - almost always.

- I found out that if you specify the port number (23) explicitly with the Linux telnet client, it won't send the "garbage" anyway.
- If you're sending binary data on purpose, you will experience every 0xff with the two following bytes being dropped, that may not be your intention.

That's all, there is no memory or speed impact. The command channel on port 24 always does telnet stripping anyway.