Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#26619 To start with your latest question; this sounds like you want to hardcode the ssid and password. That's no problem, just take the source, hardcode it there (I can help you if you need some help) and compile&flash. Then you can just use the universal bridge.

Somewhere sometime I upgraded from SDK 1.1.0 to 1.2.0, I believe that is somewhere between release 5 and 9 (indeed). Since the upgrade, the automatic connect doesn't work anymore. Previously I'd load a simple AT-style firmware, connect that, then load my firmware and done. But now the autoconnect doesn't find the previously set data. I don't have a clue why.

So that's why I now set the wlan data explicitly and that's why you need the wlan bootstrap mode. I don't like it either, but I can't think of a better solution.

An alternative to hardcoding and to the wlan bootstrap mode would be to peek and poke around in flash, using esptool.py. Procedure:

- load an run (!) the bridge firmware once, so it writes a clean config with proper magic number and version
- use esptool.py to dump the memory at 0x7a000 (sector 0x7a), length 64 bytes. There you'd find this struct:
Code: Select alltypedef struct
{
    uint32_t            magic;
    uint16_t            major_version;
    uint16_t            minor_version;
    char                ssid[32];
    char                passwd[32];
    uint32_t            flags;
    uart_parameters_t   uart;
    gpio_config_t       gpios;
    i2c_sensor_config_t i2c_sensors;
} config_t;

In other words, skip the first 8 bytes, then edit the ssid at offset (8 + 0) and the password at offset (8 + 32), then write it back. It's all plain text with a \0 at the end.

But if you're not seeing any text, it looks like the firmware got corrupted altogether. What if you flash it again? What is the size of your flash, you don't have one of the early 2 Mb flash chips? Then the firmware won't fit, you need 4 Mb. How do you flash the firmware?
By Squonk
eriksl wrote:
Silvandre wrote:Hi! where can I find the display.h and display.c files?

thanks!
AS

They're in the git HEAD but not in the zip (apparently). For the last release you don't need them, you could remove them from the makefile. Or checkout HEAD with git.

No, they are not in the git HEAD, and removing display.c and display.h in the Makefile is not enough: there are references to them in application.c and user_main.c all over the place.

I commented out the offending lines, but it looks like you did not put these new files in the git index or did not pushed your local repo to Github. :?