Chat freely about anything...

By rith87
#27674 Hello folks,

I am hitting a problem with the latest ESP-12E. With a 330 ohm pull up resistor added to GPIO 0, here is the waveform (2.1V rms, for folks who are not logged in) that I am seeing. As such, unless I jumper GPIO0 directly to VCC (I believe I'm not supposed to do this..), GPIO0 is seen as LOW on the ESP-12E, which goes into wait-for-flash mode.

Anyone else hitting this problem? Any workaround?
Attachments
IMG_0778.JPG
By deadmetaphor
#27768 How are the rest of your pins connected? Why is there a waveform on GPIO0, I mean shouldn't it be a DC signal if it is pulled up to Vcc?
By Barnabybear
#27783 Hi, Most pins have upto 5 functions. Function 4 of GPIO 0 is a clock signal.
Have you changed the pin functions? If not you may need to set it back to function 0.
It's explained here, about 1/4 of the way down "Pin Functions".
Fortunatly it's going into flash mode so you can flash and on completion it will run and set the pin back to the correct function.
By rith87
#27919 @Barnabybear, I tried what you said but there was no change. I think those pins are configured as inputs before they go into any of those states.

Anyway, the problem was caused by the reverse current flowing through a Schottky diode that I had. After switching to a simple diode, GPIO0 acted as expected. I had thought that the ESP-12E was somehow driving GPIO0 instead of reading it as an input.