Chat freely about anything...

By rahulmr
#29183 I recently bought a ESP8266 with all GPIO exposed. The GPIO2 ,GPIO0 & RST are connected to Vcc using a pull up resistor of 4.7K.
The CH_PD is connected to Vcc through 10K.
The GPIO0 and RST pin are also conncted to ground through a switch . Tx and RX are connected using a zener of 3.3 for communication. The board is connected through an FTDI board.
Whenever I use the arduino serial monitor or putty I am not able to communicate through the AT commands . There is no response from the ESp. When I press the reset the blue led blink and some characters are shown in terminal.
I used the ESP arduino and flashed the wifi server programme and it is working.It is getting connected to wifi and able to control the GPIO2 using web.

I reflashed the firmware again as per http://www.xess.com/blog/esp8266-reflash/ and it was done successfully.

But even then after using the putty or arduino serial monitor and with 9600 I am not able to communicate to the esp.
It never responds with OK or anything . Only when reset is pressed it shows some random chars.