Chat freely about anything...

By scargill
#1404 I got the update - which still says 902 and apart from the initial confusion (9600 new default - which I quickly then set to 115200) it all works a treat. It seems someone has modified the code (ESP8266_XRST.bin) to handle the dreaded "busy" issue in this forum but I don't know which version they've modified it from.

Would love an idiot's guide to producing a .BIN file on a PC
By Indyaner
#1421 @inagy
For the CRLF issue: PuTTY is dumb. You cannot configure it to send CRLF when pressing <ENTER>, it always sends CR only. Moved on to IVT terminal where i can configure this by terminal settings.

Can you please explain how to do work correctly with IVT Terminal?
I used the same config as OP (I used putty on windows with the 902 Firmware and had the same problem that when I type in "AT" and press ENTER, the cursor jups to position 0 ("A" of "AT") and does nothing anymore). I now installed IVT Terminal nd tried to find CRLF in the settings. The only setting I could find that might relate to your suggestion was under
Ssetup > Setup System > VT220 Settings > "LF implies CR" (checkbox)

Is this the checkbox I have to tick to solve this problem or is there anything else? Because out of the box IVT Terminal has the same behaviour (Cursor jumps to position 0 and does not send anything).

Please give us a short explanation on how to correctly use IVT Terminal with 902.

Thank you!

Indyaner
By al1fch
#1952 @Indyaner
I can't answser about CR+LF sending with IVT

You may try TeraTerm 4.84 ( http://logmett.com/index.php?/products/teraterm.html)
Config in TeraTerm is here : Setup / Terminal / Transmit : CR+LF
TTLEditor from same source is a good TeraTerm companion for macros managing (editing and playing)
Works well on Windows with all ESP8266 modules/firmwares
Attachments
Teraterm CR+LF.jpg