Chat freely about anything...

By be80be
#29899 One I got this time was on a esp12E devkit it's a esp12=Q the same ase the one that's just on a breakout board as the picture I posted.

Here a link to the ESP12E devkit it saying the Q is a E LOL
https://smartarduino.gitbooks.io/user-m ... pter1.html
It works great I got it for $6 bucks and the one in the pic for $3 $11 shiping and all Not bad just took a long time to get here.
By wififofum
#29951 First was Esp 12
Then came esp-12e which was extended pinout
Then came esp-12d and esp-12q which are the same extended pinout but the d and q are for dual and quad spi flash chips which is important so you know how you can use the extended pinout gpios.

I think?
By flagtrax
martinayotte wrote:BTW, One of my expected ESP12E that I've received a month ago as in fact an ESP-12Q.
I didn't notice that on the silkscreen at that time, but now that is known, I come to the conclusion that all the other thread about "fake" vs "not fake" ESP-12E maybe become "ESP-12E" vs "ESP-12Q" ...
The main difference between both is the LED is not connect the same way.
Am I right ?

What I have (I think) are 12-E but I don't know how to really tell. I do know that the led is connected to GPIO-2 in some way. It would seem that it follows your statement in another post regarding a pulldown on GPIO2. After I accidently got the darn thing to flash nodemcu I noticed a low glow on it at restart. Once GPIO2 was configured as output, and conditioned with 1 or 0 it took on a "hard" setting depending on output. A LOW on GPIO2 causes it to glow. I say accidentally flashed because (you may have seen my other posts about it and think I'm nuts LOL) I had trouble flashing it and ultimately thought the problem was my breadboard. After wiring direct it flashed. But I later realized I'd flashed it with the "internal" revision of nodemcu that was in the flasher. After downloading the latest ver, I have been unable to flash it; having the same original issue of it writing successfully for about 7% then failing on timeout. I then tried to go back to an AT command firmware,(electrodragon, using their flasher) with similar results. I've tried every suggested configuration of GPIO conditioning out there on the web, and haven't gotten it to work. I don't want to attempt flashing the other one until I understand what the issue is, it's still working with AT commands. My ESP07 is working fine flashed with nodemcu, so at this point I don't want to mess it up either. (sigh my head hurts).