Chat freely about anything...

By Gigakaiser
#30324 I've been working on a project, tentatively called the MEsp, that will allow you to build IOT devices with 6 analog inputs, 7 digital inputs, and 6 additional GPIOS! At the heart of all of this is the legendary esp8266. If you'd like to get more information about the project and contribute, feel free to visit the project's launch page. http://mesp.launchrock.com/ ;)

-UPDATE-
The official website (with content!) is up!
http://www.the-mesp.com/
The latest post has the board layout and schematic. (also included on pg 3 of this thread)
Last edited by Gigakaiser on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kolban
#30512 This feels very much like the WIFIO module described here:

viewforum.php?f=36

I'm not a huge fan of being pointed to a web page which asks for me email address to receive more information. Why not just put what you want to tell us on the web page?

Neil
By Gigakaiser
#30513 Neil,

Thank you for making me aware of the WIFIO! These are similar projects, however my board will be more of an entry-level platform. Regarding the website, I made huge progress on the project and was too excited to develop any content before telling people about it. A blog with all of the information will be up soon.

The basic information is as follows:
The MEsp consists of an esp-12 and a TI MSP430 MCU.
The MSP430 sends its input information to the ESP over UART. (This may change)
Users will access the MSP and ESP pins with an easy-to-use library in the Arduino IDE.

Thank you for your input, and feel free to provide more.
Also, your book is incredible.
By eduperez
kolban wrote:I'm not a huge fan of being pointed to a web page which asks for me email address to receive more information. Why not just put what you want to tell us on the web page?

Not only that: even after putting my email address, there is absolutely no content in that page, just share buttons.

Gigakaiser wrote:Regarding the website, I made huge progress on the project and was too excited to develop any content before telling people about it.

Things do not work that way.