Chat freely about anything...

By vgamesx1
#30777 ok a few issues with that statement...

Emmett_Brown wrote:So if I have to add an extern power supply, it is not really portable

Alright so how did you plan on powering it or any other portable device without some sort of external power supply?

Emmett_Brown wrote:if I want use it as a transmitter of wheather data from outside it will be very contraignant to have a car battery to makes it work

You realize other battery technology aside from lead acid car batteries exist right? such as standard AAs or Lithium cells.. These things only draw an average of around 100ma so you'll get quite a lot of run time even off a small battery.

Emmett_Brown wrote: it is not very usefull like shield...

The wifi shield for arduino? What gives you that idea..? No it really isn't, if anything the shield isn't very useful because not only is the esp cheaper (at $2-5 vs roughly $100 for an arduino + shield), you can also program the esp directly meaning no arduino required and it doesn't end there either, the esp even has a faster cpu, along with more memory, with the only big drawback being the limited amount of GPIO pins... Now fair enough if you know a lot about arduino and don't want to learn how to program one of these that's fine, but to say that it isn't very useful is an utter lie.

Sorry if I seemed a tad ranty there, but you made it sound as if you had one little issue, then threw your legos at a wall saying "I'm done, this sucks".